Sunday, May 31, 2015

Coffee Klatch

The Little One's BFF text me yesterday and asked me to go out for Pho this weekend.  My friend from South Carolina was coming  to visit me again.  She spent the last two weeks at her sister's.  Her sister and brother in law were driving her over today so I figured we could all go for Pho together.  With the husband as well, the six of us had a wonderful lunch together.  Filling traditional Vietnamese food at Pho So 1 in West Hills.
After we loaded ourselves up with comfort food, we wanted coffee.  Something close to our house was preferred.  We hit up the Corner Bakery in Calabasas and took our coffee outside.  Out of the six of us, four of us ordered the same thing.  The truffle mocha jumped out to us.  They had a truffle hot cocoa that called to the sister and the brother in law got a fruit smoothie.  Our truffle mocha was terrific.  Chocolaty and rich without being too heavy.  No need for whipped cream.
The bakery case called out to me as well.  They had hand pies in two flavors, lemon and blueberry.  I went with the lemon and the husband got a plain croissant.  Turns out my lemon hand pie was a lemon cream hand pie.  Mmmmm.... I was so happy I took advantage of getting something from the case.  Everyone else said they were in a food coma so they passed on any extra treats.  It was hard to see my friend's family head back home.  It's always fun to see them but it's never for long enough. Of course Nugget was happy to see her friends again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment