Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Room Service

As I've mentioned before, my friend is moving to Seattle. Of course, we will miss each other a bunch so we are trying to spend as much time together before she goes.  For now, her fiance's company has put them up in the local Hilton, as it is cat friendly as well as dog, so the packers and movers can get their house in order without any disruptions.  I headed over to the hotel and we decided to order room service.  I've never ordered room service before so I was excited and I know she was too.  She got an American breakfast and I opted for the French toast and we got a pot of coffee to split.  She even took a wonderful picture of the whole breakfast set-up and uploaded it to her Instagram.  Hilton commented on it saying they hoped she'd enjoyed her breakfast.
Our coffee was ok.  Not much flavor but not terrible.  The coffee setting, with the cups and pot was adorable.  As we finished the pot of coffee, we talked about the interesting local channel the hotel was playing.  It was a channel to promote tourism in L.A. but as we watched, we laughed and judged how they made it seem like The Getty was right next to Disneyland and that Rodeo Drive is a thing people actually want to do.  They left out the traffic, the homeless, and the crowds.  I love L.A. but don't pretend it's something it's not.  They even showed a shop in Downtown Disney that's been closed for over a year.  Oops!  Yes, yes, I know you have to make it appealing to the incoming visitors but don't show the TMZ bus in Hollywood seeing celebrities at every shop and not a single character impersonator fight going on.  That's just not how it is here.
We decided to have another cup of coffee.  It was probably more that I saw that Hilton offers Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf brand for the in room coffee.  The Morning Blend was really good.  I felt it was far better then the pot brought up with breakfast.  Her fiance returned after that and we ordered dessert before I had to head out to work.  I got the cheesecake and she got creme brulee while the fiance had his lunch.  We got another pot of coffee but I think it was more for him but I had a tiny cup to go with my cheesecake.  Delicious!

Round two.



A nice view of Woodland Hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment