Sunday, May 24, 2015

Fully Caffinated

Nugget needed a booster shot today, so after we took her in, we wanted to try something neither of us had had before, Vietnamese sandwiches.  There is a place called Saigon Sandwiches over by the vet.  We picked up lunch and drinks and brought it home to listen to our new albums and let the kitten relax.
I know that the Vietnamese like their coffee strong so with our sandwiches, I ordered an iced coffee and the husband ordered a Thai iced tea with boba.  Boy, that was a strong coffee.  It was delicious and so flavorful.  Our sandwiches were good but they placed a chile on the sandwiches and the husband and I each burned our lips with the heat.
I headed to work and knew that I was gonna be training someone all evening in the back offices.  I put my stuff down and signed into my computer but they needed me at the front for a minute.  When I returned to my desk, there was a cup of coffee there waiting for me.  It took me a minute but I realized it was put there by one of my bartenders.  We had talked yesterday about coffee and he remembered to make me a cup today.  Perfectly prepared and made with love.  I could taste the love.
Later in the evening, I got a message from my friend saying she would be in the area.  Her and her puppy, Lily, came by right in time for my lunch.  They brought me coffee!  She had picked up a cappuccino and a mocha from a place called Jeannie's by my work.  They have lots to choose from and I will have to try to head over there soon.  My friend explained the large variety of food they offer that I think I need to check it out for myself.  I took the mocha and she got the cappuccino.  With the cookies she brought us, the three of us (Lily included) sat at the fire pits and enjoyed my lunch break together.  The weather was just right to hang outside at 9pm.  It was really great coffee, possibly related to Peet's coffee.  It got me through another late night with my Night Auditor.
All three of my coffees today we're different but each one made for a relaxing moment on a long Saturday.  I couldn't pick a favorite coffee from today but the people (and dogs) I shared them with, made them wonderful.




3 comments:

  1. I've taken to ordering a Spam & Egg sandwich at the Vietnamese restaurant we go to on Fridays. It always has Jalapeno slices on it. I usually eat a couple but not all as it gets a little hot.

    Bánh mì is the name for all Vietnamese sandwiches. I think they also always come with a couple twigs of Cilantro (ugh!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cilantro is my favorite part. Bành mì is the pork sandwich, I had marinated chicken. They had some of the same blended coffee flavors that Wok Wok had. I almost got the blended cappuccino

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete