Thursday, May 7, 2015

Family Fun

This morning was a delightful coffee get together.  My friend and her fiancee want to see everyone before they make the move to Seattle at the end of this week, so coffee was at my mom's house.  Little One arranged it for about 11am.  I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I was late.  A rarity for me.  My friends brought mini donuts, 3 kinds, and I brought some hazelnut coffee from Cost Plus World Market.  Little One had her usual McDonald's Frappe and mom had already been working on a cup by the time we got there.
The coffees from Cost Plus have yet to disappoint me.  The grind is small but packed with great aroma and flavor.  I like opening a bag and having a slight bit of oil on the bag.  Too little or too much means it wasn't treated correctly and will taste off, but Cost Plus is consistently good.  Nice and nutty hazelnut.  Mom has a Kuerig so I used the make-your-own filtered cups for us and still have some left over in the bag.
Older One and the husband were there and we all sat around chatting.  No tv, just coffee, donuts, and the legalization of alcohol in the 1920's.  Well, Little One is writing a paper for school so we were talking about it.  Turns out, prohibition turned everyone into criminals.  A jury hearing a case about illegal alcohol had ended up on trial themselves, having drank the evidence during the case they were on.  They "had to taste it to see if it contained alcohol".  I enjoyed learning something while having my relaxing cup with my family.  It will be a while before with all can do this again but I'm already looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see any donuts for me when I got home. Pout, pout, pout.

    ReplyDelete