Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Check Please!

Today was my day off, so I took the day off.  I mean really off.  I had originally planned to do laundry and really get some stuff done.  Important, grown up things like making phone calls for appointments, cleaning house, put my new registration tags on my car, you know, adult stuff.  Nope.  My brain checked itself out today.  One of my favorite things to do on days where I check out is go see my sisters.
The little one called me up and told me we should try out this new place she found.  She had been at the IHOP in Tarzana, recently, and checked out a place next door called Yoboland.  She suggested we go there today.
It has a Menchies feel when you walk in but they offer so much more.  Small, cute seating area, ample frozen yogurt options (flavors different then the usual, like watermelon and California tart which I think was made with berries) with tons of toppings available, shakes, smoothies, boba, and coffee.
I went with the caffe latte, average, but satisfied my coffee need.  The older one ordered a Nutella shake.  Wow, totally tasted exactly like Nutella!  The little one ordered a mocha latte frappe.. That was delicious as well.  The husband ordered a taro tea with boba.  It took the two girls a little bit of time to make it and they said something about the recipe had recently been changed.  It was terrific!  He wanted to order another one when leaving but decided not to.
There is a lot more on their menu that I wanna try.  The happy hour they offer will make deciding what to order difficult but cheap.  I know several friends who will like this place and I look forward to bringing them.  Perhaps on my next day off..  before I do laundry.






No comments:

Post a Comment