Monday, May 11, 2015

Disneyland Coffee on Mother's Day

On Mother's day, we usually get the whole family together, play board games, eat, and kick back.  This year I volunteered to host seeing as I knew my family would want to meet our new addition.  They loved her immediately and were shocked to see how tiny she is.  My parents brought us donuts, a nice variety, including my favorite, French crueler.
With donuts comes coffee, so off to it.  My step dad and I broke into the set of Disneyland coffees I picked up when I was there last time.  I decided to choose the hazelnut coffee as I knew hazelnut is his favorite.  Mom said she isn't a hazelnut fan so she picked the peppermint mocha instant coffee that was in my cabinet.  That one is really good and I love how when you pour the hot water, over the coffee, the mint pieces sizzle as they melt.  Our hazelnut was delicious! The tin reads 100% Arabica coffee and when you open it, it smells nutty and incredible.  It did not disappoint.  It was terrific.  Another family member arrived late but chose to have some in his favorite mug and enjoyed it as well.
We played Cards Against Humanity and ate till we couldn't move.  Mostly we did what mom wanted most, be together and also play with the new kitten.  She finally has a name, Nugget.  She's fitting in just fine in our home and hopefully she can help me blog about coffee.  Or she can just sit there and be adorable.
Mom got Mary Poppins, I got Mickey, and the step dad got Muppet nerds.

He brought along his favorite mug, Incredibles.

Part of an eight pack collection; more posts to follow.

Nugget enjoyed all the attention she got for Mother's  Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment