Friday, May 22, 2015

Bam!

My morning started off with me feeling terrible.  I rested a bit before deciding to run some much needed errands.  As much as I wanted to do them tomorrow, I figured that if I wanted to get coffee out, I could just do it all in one shot before work.  We headed out and as we waited for traffic to clear, BAM!, I was hit from behind by a woman in an SUV.  We pulled over and saw that there was zero damage to either car.  Thank goodness.
So, the husband and I made our way to accomplishing things.  The bank, the dollar tree, and lunch at Wendy's.  I don't like Wendy's coffee, nor am I a fan of the portion sizes they use for drinks.  Their large is an extra large everywhere else and the medium is everyone else's large, and so on.
We remembered that Coffee Bean was having a sale today.  Between 2-6pm just today, small ice blended drinks were $2.  As we pulled in, I remembered the same lot had a Goodwill bookstore.  I knew they usually carry some really good stuff but I was looking for records.  We hit the bookstore first.  Yup, records for a dollar each.  A lot of Jim Nabors and religious albums.  We got some big band, jazz, and even a lounge club style album.  We also found a cute little toy for our kitten.
At the Coffee Bean, we were brought in by the sale but knew we both wanted something different.  The husband got a cherry blossom tea latte.  I've had it before and it was perfect as always, floral and creamy.  I got a blended matcha green tea latte with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.  Matcha is a green tea that is finely ground into a powder.  It's used in traditional Japanese ceremonies but I love it's rich flavor.  My drink was delicious.  The husband also made a donation to the troops, as they were selling specialty coffee and tea blends that go to support them.  As I waited for the drinks to be ready, I found something funny on one of the bags of coffee being donated.
That, with the fun afternoon, put me in a great mood.  Although, I went into my work, not the Disney job but my night job, I knew that my health is no longer allowing me to continue to work there, so I put in my two weeks.  I am a hard worker so I will give this job my all for my last two weeks.  Not sure what the future holds yet.  It could be anything.  I just hope there is coffee!


Hehehehe

Nugget with Crunch, her new TY Beanie Baby toy

No comments:

Post a Comment