Saturday, May 30, 2015

Seattle Roast with My Seattle Friend

I joined my friend, the one in Seattle, over Skype for coffee today. We chose to have the same coffee, Rainy Day Roast, a delicious coffee made in Seattle.  It didn't need much sugar or milk.  So far I've enjoyed most of the coffees from independent roasters in Seattle.  Oddly enough, it wasn't rainy for either of us.  She said it was 70's with humidity and at my place it was 77 but it felt like 92.  That's what the Weather Channel app said.  And it really did feel 92.  I had the fan blowing on me during our chat.  Other then the heat, we had a great chat and her brother and mom hopped into our conversation to say hi too.
My mug was a gift from her mom when she went to Seattle to see where her daughter was moving to.  I love this mug.  Umbrellas line the inside of the cup and a big yellow one is at the bottom.  It has great size and the umbrellas remind me of Mary Poppins.  My friend used the mug she used for last week's chat but had to show me that she found her art figure in the boxes.  He was in the box with one arm reaching out as to be asking to be pulled from the wreckage of the other stuff in the box he was packed in.
My friend had the maintenance guy stop by to look at some stuff around the house and I got an important phone call so our call was cut short but was enjoyable.  I look forward to a chat and coffee with her where I don't have to rush out to work afterward.
California side.


Nugget helped me set up.

Seattle side

No comments:

Post a Comment