Thursday, May 7, 2015

Late Night "Coffee" With Friends

Another crazy busy day that only allowed me tea while at my desk with my coworker.  After leaving work, I figured how about catching a couple of drinks with our friends that are moving.  They were ready to hang so we went to TGIFriday's because it's a nice sit down place for food at the hour I'm off without being Denny's.  We walked in and noticed by the bar there was a large group, mostly women.  Once we sat down, we realized they were there for the karaoke.  Karaoke on a Wednesday night?  Well it was horrible! Off-key 80's and 90's music sung at the top of their lungs.  We couldn't even hear each other.  I missed Cher on the tv with David Letterman!
At least in the loud commotion, I was finally able to take my break from the day with an Irish coffee.  My friends got some other signature Friday's drinks. Those drinks looked fabulous but I was craving the warm coffee and cream flavor.  It was good and hit the spot.  However, it was no where near as good as my favorite place for Irish coffee, Casey's, in Canoga Park.
We laughed at the ear-shattering singers who happened to find the worse songs of those eras.  Someone gave us their best rendition of I Like Big Butts by Sir Mix-A-Lot.  Shortly after that, we had had enough and headed to the car.  Outside it was creepily quiet but peaceful.  Overall, a great night to end a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment