Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pressed To-Go

The other day my pen pal sent me two types of coffee.  I tried the Ruta Maya but left the Ethiopian coffee for later.  Today was later.  Brewed in the French press, then put into lidded cups, I took the Ethiopian coffee with me to work.  We waited until late in the evening and were still very busy when my coworker and I heated it up in some paper cups and had our break.  It tasted different then it smelled.  The smell was bitter.  I know it sounds weird but that's the only way to explain it.  However, when we had it, it wasn't bitter.  It was woody and not as strong as expected.  We enjoyed it.
Very good but definitely different then the Ruta Maya.  I think my only problem was the uneven grind meant we should have used more then one filter in the French press.  The husband and I are looking at a three filter press that we might pick up soon.  Just looking into the reviews first.

No comments:

Post a Comment