Saturday, May 9, 2015

Old Friends and New Friends

Coffee today was bittersweet.  My friends leave my side tomorrow afternoon so today we had breakfast and coffee in their almost totally empty apartment.  The fiancee picked up The Breakfast Cafe and the vanilla lattes were from Beanscene.  As usual, Beanscene doesn't let us down and delivers a creamy, delicious latte.
As we dine, we talked about going to the pet store to see if they still had this adorable white kitten boy that I really liked.  We hopped in the car and headed to the shop but sadly for me, but great for him, he had been adopted.  My friend said we should check out the shelter by my work.  I had just been at work for a meeting in the morning and we passed right by to the animal shelter.  We saw some cute and loving older cats and some feisty little kittens.  The was the sweetest 5 year old cat, big and fluffy, and was surrendered because "he was unfriendly".  My friend and I leaned down and Miso met us with love and affection.  Of course, we were just there to look.  Kill time before I had to be back at work.
Then this little one comes along.  Originally named Yale, this little girl is meowing at us louder then any other cat in there.  She's 6 weeks old and brought in as a stray.  Apparently her mates had been recently adopted, even one right before we arrived.  My friend knew she was perfect for our family.  She was happy to kitten-sit while I worked.
I brought her home and the husband fell instantly in love.  He couldn't get over how tiny she is.  Our family now makes 3.
As I lose our friends to new adventures in Seattle, they have left a piece of their hearts here with us in the form of this new friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment