Monday, May 4, 2015

Decision Time at the Happiest Place on Earth

Disneyland is a place where everything you do requires some decision making.  What time do you want to get there, do you want to take the tram or walk from the parking structure, what will be the first ride or do you stop at the bathrooms first, which bathroom do you use??  By far, the hardest decision to make while at Disneyland is where to eat.  There are so many options. Food cart, service window, sit down, or full service.  Those are just a few of the first decisions you have to make.  As you can imagine, that leaves so many options to pick a place for coffee.
After a long and wonderful day at the parks with my mates, we ended up at one of my favorite places for food in the park.  The Jolly Holiday Bakery is my go-to spot for grilled cheese and tomato soup.  The sandwich is made with three different cheeses and cut up into slices for easy soup dippablity.  Not this time though.  My friend got some chow, the husband got a hot chocolate, and I opted for this as the coffee spot for the night.  Prior to tonight, I've not had coffee there.
The cappuccino I ordered was average but good.  Even though you are not supposed to, I occasionally stir my foam into my coffee.  Not all of it but enough to turn the bright white foam into a creamy coffee color.  I know that at the Disney parks, if you are not ordering the Starbucks coffee, you will be getting a brand called Joffery's. They offer a very large line of coffees, including a whole Disney line.  I look forward to trying these other coffees eventually.  Check 'em out:
https://www.joffreys.com/DisneyParksandResorts.aspx
More then anything, the Jolly Holiday Bakery is one of my favorite places at the park because of its Mary Poppins theme. Even that grilled cheese and soup setup is themed as the Jolly Holiday combo. Stain glass penguins in the windows and trinkets in glasses cases of the carousel and the snow globe where Jane and Michael learned about the bird woman begging for tuppence for the birds.  (Side note: That song was Walt Disney's favorite and it even made him cry at times).  Paintings including some of the songs and phrases from the 1964 movie are on either side of the entrance.  Although this cafe is small, the details make it special.  Perhaps on my next visit down, I can try a regular cup of coffee with a flavor shot added, or the latte that I heard was also good.  There is just too many coffee options and then there is all the different restaurants.  Wait, think about how you can choose to have coffee at either park, Downtown Disney, or at one of the three hotel properties on site.  So many decisions and I barely made it through this one!





1 comment: