Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Fun Girls Day Out

My friend from South Carolina spent the night.  We got up this morning with the plan of running some much needed errands but the day turned out to be a blast instead of a chore.  But before errands, is coffee.
Most of what we needed was in Northridge so we headed that way.  Before the mall and the pet store, we hit up a coffee and tea place called Barclays.  My mom had brought home tea from there once but I've never been inside.  It was clean and bright on the inside.  The had a couple of shelves of books to available to read to the side.  The staff was nice.  I looked up on the menu board and again, the featured drink caught my eye.  I ordered an iced earl grey latte.  My friend was intrigued with something called a mocha borgia (pronounced boar-zha) and after asking what was in it, she got it.  The barista said it was like a regular mocha but they used Mexican chocolate.
We looked around while they made our drinks and saw on one wall, a collection of art made by students at the art school a few doors down.  Mostly done by kids but all better then I could do.  Other walls were decorated with Barclays branded art.  Behind the counter was seemingly endless cubbies filled with their different teas.  They gave us our drinks and they were amazing.  The earl grey latte was light with the floral lavender and bergamot hints I expected.  My friend mocha borgia was bold with the spices from the Mexican chocolate I expected.  The coffee was wonderful.  They also offer free WiFi.
We walked the shopping center until we hit the discount book store that was there.  I bought some gifts and stationary.  I also got a Don Ho album and a Dean Martin album for 3 bucks each.  My friend got some books but we forced ourselves to leave before we went broke.
At the mall, she got a dress she needed for her niece's graduation.  I was able to get pet stuff for Nugget at the pet store and also got to see my friend that works there.  She's a big Nugget fan.  She even found a new toy for Nugget and suggested a different type of litter to try.
We hit the rest of the stops for the day and ended it with In n Out lunch.  I recommended the coffee to my friend, who didn't know they had coffee and she loved it.  We learned today that it is a Kona blend.  I love Hawaiian coffee so it makes sense that I like theirs so much.
We talked about getting our nails done too but when we got home, we felt that playing with Nugget, listening to albums, and playing on our Pinterest accounts checking out cute jewelry.







No comments:

Post a Comment