Saturday, June 20, 2015

Westwood Relaxation

I had to help my mate run some errands in Westwood today.  He suggested we go to Espresso Profeta for coffee.  He said that someone who comes into his work, everyday, recommended it highly.  He tried it once before and like it and figured I would too.  He got me a little nervous when he said they post signs at the friend that say, "We will gladly help you when you are not on your phone or Bluetooth".  How am I supposed to take pictures in this place if they won't serve people on their phones?! Well, it's just for when you order and they were all actually very nice.
It's in a beautiful older brick building and shares some patio space with the neighboring business.  There is a big bakery window in the front to look into.  The reviews state that their pastries are great but we only got a couple of drinks.  He got their house chai over light ice.  It was terrific but vanished before I could get a picture.  I got a caffe mocha and giggled upon receiving it with the fancy foam art.  I'm not used to that still, since I haven't been to many independent coffee shops but I'm working on making that a priority for the blog.  My drink was perfect.  It had a hint of chocolate and a soft coffee flavor.  Very creamy without the usual over sugary taste you get from mochas usually.
We sat in the eclectic, small dining area and chatted for a minute.  No, really, a minute.  If you know Westwood, it's meter parking everywhere!  It was quiet and delightful both inside the cafe and on their patio.  Not sure if that had to do with the fact that they were closing soon or not.  We enjoyed the art hanging around and the vines hanging on the windows outside.  A computer printed sign was up under one of the pieces of art stating that all the art was for sale, not to be shy to ask, and that it was all under 100 bucks.
I love Westwood but hate parking there.  I would highly recommend checking out Espresso Profeta but if you wanna make a day out of it, take an Uber or bus over to not have any worries, otherwise, expect to pay for a day in a parking lot or meters.
After we finished up our errands, we went back to his house.  He made his mom's macaroni and cheese recipe for me and baked some cookies.  That was good eats!  Since the weather is so nice in his area, we had tea on his balcony and watched the sunset.  We talked about the places we ate when growing up and if they were still there or not.  It was a super relaxing evening.  I will probably escape the summer heat by heading to his house during the summer.  He better stock up on some good teas!







No comments:

Post a Comment