Sunday, June 28, 2015

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Blog...

As I was prepping to write a descriptive and enchanting blog about today's coffee and Lavender Festival, I received a call from my dad.  Earlier today, he told me he had taken our 15 year old cat to the vet because she wasn't acting like she was feeling well.  The doctor said she was dehydrated and to give her fluids, and if she didn't perk back up, that she may not make it to the end of the week.  Dad took her home, per doctor's orders, and let her rest.
She was ok until later this evening when she started panting and meowing.  My dad took her to the emergency vet and they rushed her back.  The doctor came out to my dad a minute later and said that her heart had given out while they were shaving her arm to put in the IV.
She was a fun cat and when I lived with my dad, she would help me with my college homework by laying on my notebook and after my late night shifts at Target, she would greet me at the door and follow me into the bathroom until it was time for pets and bed.
When my dad called me this morning to say he was taking her to the vet, something told me to go see her.  We were going to meet my dad at the vet but he had already headed home so we met him there.  The cat was in the carrier still so we took the lid off and I got on the floor to pet her.  She had some stuff on her nose and mouth, so I wiped it off a bit and ended up spending about a half an hour on the floor with her.  Petting her and talking to her.  She seemed content by the time the husband and I headed out to the Lavender Festival.
As I grieve for the lost of my long-time friend, I have a cup of mint medley tea.  I asked the husband for something calming and this is exactly what I needed.  Spearmint, peppermint, and lemongrass.  Soothing and comforting.
My loving friend lived a long and happy life and I'm glad I got to be a part of it.
Taffy, you will be missed. Xoxoxo


An old giant hair tie turned her into a flower and a clown.  In the center, she is posing with her BFF, Tazma, who passed a few years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment