Saturday, June 27, 2015

Discount Store Coffee Does It Again

Upon perusing the local Dollar Tree the other day, we came across this caramel macchiato instant coffee, among some other flavors, like French vanilla and espresso, from the same company.  I enjoyed the 99 Cent store instant cappuccino so much, that I had same thought of, why not?  At only a dollar, what's the worst thing that could happen?
A friend of ours came to visit so while he and the husband played Magic the Gathering, I made my drink, added a dash of cinnamon like the directions suggested, and had a seat.  Rachael Ray magazine, October 2014 issue, and some old albums on the player, I was ready for the relaxing.
The taste of fake caramel was almost unnoticeable because the coffee had a good flavor.  No instant coffee leftover grit.  However, the box came with 5 packages (a better value the the one serving coffee from the 99 Cent store) but the directions said to add 5 ounces of water for one package.  Really, 100 calories for 5 ounces?  I couldn't let my big ol' stormtrooper mug consist of only a speck of coffee so I doubled it up.
As I caught up on the history of Halloween and about 40 apple recipes, I was really taking in the evening.  It was great to see our friend too.  Both he and the husband declined having some coffee with me but said it smelled great.  I don't think I will be rushing back to the Dollar Tree for the other flavors any time soon.  Never say never.
I added the cinnamon while the coffee was still stirring around and it gave it this cool swirl effect.

There was no directions on the box on how to make it look this cool.

The record player confuses her.  I'm not sure if it's the movement of the album, or that the sound comes from the front speakers and she's just not used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment