Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cherry Iced Latte While I Remember The Magic

The husband wanted to try a new tea for iced lattes and chose the wild cherry tea from Coffee Bean.  Heat, cool, simple syrup, pour over ice, add milk.  Boom.  Done.  Another winner in my book.  It doesn't have that weird medicine cherry taste either, which is great, because I can't stand that.
He served it in a glass that I've had for a long time.  This is one of the four glasses released in 1996 by McDonald's to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World.  After almost 20 years, this glass is still in great shape but I never did get my hands on the others.  This one has Donald in front of the castle with balloons and Space Mountain on the other side.  The other glasses feature Mickey in front of Spaceship Earth, (aka the Epcot ball) Goofy at Typhoon Lagoon, and Lumiere and Mrs. Potts at the Hollywood Studios (possibly still called MGM Studios back then).  All with the 'Remember The Magic' slogan on the bottom.
I have only been to Walt Disney World once but I will find my way back soon.  They're almost to their 45th anniversary so maybe I promise myself to get there before their 50th.
The lighting inside my house never does my drinks justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment