Sunday, June 7, 2015

Nugget's New Friend

Today was the first official day that I no longer worked at one of my jobs.  Of course, instead of accomplishing things and setting up plans to rest up and enjoy life on the stress free side, I, instead, had a horrible headache and stayed in bed until the late afternoon.  I got up and tidied up around the house in anticipation of my favorite family stopping by for late lunch/early dinner.
Sandwiches from a local joint, Dan's Super Subs, was on the menu, but coffee was not an option.  That's ok, the sandwiches are so big and so delicious, I wouldn't have had room for coffee anyway.
My favorite family was coming over to meet Nugget and pick something up.  The future Mouseketeer was meeting his first kitten.  He lives with an adorable 55 pound dog that is his best friend so he seemed a little confused with this fluffy, pouncy, little critter.
We sat on the floor with Mommy and played with Nugget.  Nugget had lots of toys out and was willing to play with anyone who would look in her direction.  Eventually our little boy warmed up to Nugget and they played with each other's toys for a bit together.  We ate some dinner and Nugget wanted to still play with her new friend but he was tired so he ended up nicely flicking her away.  At that point, she decided it was naptime.
My favorite family left so I figured I could have a cup of coffee and blog.  The husband made me a nice cup of the vanilla latte premixed coffee we have and placed it on the coffee table for me.  I got my blanket out so I could get real comfortable while I blogged, but apparently, I still wasn't feeling well, as I fell asleep on the couch with Nugget and let the coffee get ice cold.  After about 2 hours, I finally felt a little awake so I reheated my coffee and began to blog, only to be met with a playful kitten.  It took me another few hours to get back to typing.  Nugget must miss her new friends already.  We all hope they come back soon for more sharing and fun playtime.  Despite my headache, this was a great start to becoming stress free.
With this blog set-up, what could possibly go wrong?!







New best mates!

1 comment:

  1. I love how cute baby and baby cat are playing together.

    ReplyDelete