Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Winning the Mail

I was expecting a package from my friends in Seattle and right 10:45 this morning, the doorbell rang and there it was.  It was bigger then I expected and the sun was blistering hot already so I brought it right in.
Inside was all the randomness I expected.  My friend is known for packing a great care package and this one was just that.  Filled with fun stuff like pins, toys, pajamas, and cookies from a place called Franz.  She said it's like a Hostess store in Seattle.  I'll have to try those later.
What care package would be complete without coffee?  And what better way to try new coffee then in a new mug.
In this case, my friend sent me two coffee and two mugs.  Today we checked out the Tully's Madison Blend.  Just opening the bag filled the house with a rich coffee aroma.
I was really excited that my friend sent me an octopus mug.  One of my favorite mugs used to be a white mug with a blue octopus handle that this same friend gave me, but a few months ago something fell out of a cabinet and broke that mug.  I was so upset so seeing this new full octopus mug with its intense eyes made my day (well, the whole package did, but you know what I mean).
I hopped on Skype with my friend and her little brother joined us from Thousand Oaks.  She had some Trader Joe's instant coffee mixed with some instant peppermint mocha (another one of my favorites) in her Attack on Titan mug.  We figured we would both use nontraditional shaped mugs together.  Attack on Titan is a really great anime that can sometimes be a little scary, as you can see with this titan face mug showing its inner features.  Her fiance had some Dragonwell tea in an Oswald mug.  His mug is one of many in their collection from the Wonderground Art gallery in Downtown Disney.
My coffee was delicious without being too heavy for another hot Southern California day.  We all had a fun chat on Skype and then promised we would talk again soon.
Something else that was in my package was socks.  New socks are the best thing when you are setting up for some r&r.  I got some pretty scented lotion and made myself real comfortable.  What a relaxing day!  I guess tomorrow I can try to be productive, but then again, there is another mug and another coffee still waiting for me.


She finds all kinds of cool stuff at Fuego, a shop in the town center by her house.

Even Nugget got a present today.

Some for Patrick too.

Loved this wrapping paper.

That's my Love Slug on the left.  Handmade in Seattle.  A portion of the proceeds from my socks goes to Doctors without Borders.


Oswald was created before Mickey Mouse but Walt and some other animators split before he could be owned by Walt, so Mickey Mouse is known as his first creation.  Basically legal reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment