Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Something Different

Today was my first reader suggested coffee place.  I've got some good to say and some not so good.  I was very excited to try somewhere new so keep the suggestions coming.
Most Valley people are familiar with a particular landmark on Ventura Blvd by De Soto in Woodland Hills.  We all call it the White House.  It's a big building that looks like the White House.  It is actually just a bunch of businesses.  Until today, I'd never been in.  However, a reader suggested Sofie's Place and when I looked it up, I learned it was among one of the businesses in the building.  Parking is for tenants only so we parked on the street.  Enter this big building and see the signs that lead us to the coffee shop.  To call it tiny would be an understatement.  There was a couch and three tables and the counter you order from.  Seats 11, maybe 12 people max.  I went in not knowing what to expect and the place was cute with a decent view.
I ordered a caffe latte and Patrick wanted to order tea but when he asked the guy about a certain tea, the guy didn't know what was in it.  "You got me!", he said as though it was a scientific math problem.  That was weird so Patrick chose just Earl Grey.... And they were out.  Weird again.  So Patrick ordered the first tea, even without knowing what was in there.  While helping us, he was sidetracked by people coming in.  Patrick was trying to pay but the guy decided to help this other lady first.  Our drinks also too about ten minutes.
Now then, it took forever, they weren't very friendly, parking was difficult, and it was just an uncomfortable vibe but the coffee and tea were delicious!! Very good and priced just right.
I will continue to keep an open mind while I adventure out to new places because even if it's not what I'm used to, it can still be good. It didn't rain until after we got home so I didn't get to enjoy my coffee with the rain. Maybe I'll have a cup of tea later.  At least I finally know what the inside of the White House on Ventura looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment