Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Impressive Press

Labels Tables used to be a pretty good and always crowded deli located in Woodland Hills.  It had been there forever.  One day last summer, a friend of mine asked me to breakfast at a place called Blu Jam Cafe and as we pulled into the lot, I see the cafe is in place of Labels.  I had no idea it was going out or if it has just moved to another location but it was gone and now we have this cafe with a great menu and mostly the same setup inside minus the deli counter.
Today we got breakfast and of course, coffee.  They had something that you don't see very often: a menu of coffees you can order French-pressed.  I picked the monthly special and they brought the whole press to the table.  Delicious!
I own several French presses as they are the best way to experience coffees and teas. Pressing your own let's you release the oils for the freshest taste.
The amount they give you is also big enough to be shared for the price of a regular cup of coffee from a coffeehouse.  They also French press the tea they offer.  I will be going to Blu Jam again, even for just a drink date.
Click to read what I drank today.



White peach tea, served with ice to make iced tea.
http://www.blujamcafe.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh I had no idea about Lable's table closing. My mom used to go there often. well the new place sounds really awesome and that coffee you tried sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come for a visit, I will take us there. I think you will really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really neat. I'd like to check that out!

    ReplyDelete