Monday, April 6, 2015

Friends from Far Off Places

Everyday I am grateful for the friends I have.  Some I've just made and some I've had for decades.  And I even have friends that I've yet to meet.
A friend of mine went to San Francisco this week to see her dad.  She came by my house last night to pick something up on her way home from the airport.  She handed me a bag with a picture of tea on in but nothing on it was written in English.  She said it was a special tea that her dad had gotten from a friend and to give it to me.  His friend brought it from Taiwan.  I have never met him but she had talked about me enough for him to know my deep love for tea and know that this was something I would appreciate.
It is Taiwan High Mountain Oolong Tea.  Hand picked from the mountains in Taiwan, then rolled into tiny pebble-like balls.  I looked up this tea and turns out, it's actually expensive.
Patrick and I let it come to a full bloom in the glass teapot so we could watch.  The pebbles turned into big individual leaves.  It had a green tea taste but not grassy.  Very good!  I will happy share this special tea with my friends! I love how far it has traveled to get to me.  I was so touched that someone I never met had gotten me a gift like this.  I have friends all over!
For more information on this tea, check out this link
http://www.teatrekker.com/high-mountain-gao-shan


Don't you worry, I still had a cup of coffee today but it was just a regular cup of McDonald's coffee.  The little one stopped by to bring me something and got coffee on the way.
I'd never seen tea like this before.

Just starting to open.  Lots of air escaping as the leaves open.

Getting there.

Mmmm... His and hers tea time.

Thanks sis.

1 comment:

  1. Just a regular coffee?! It was bought with love I'll have you know!

    ReplyDelete