Saturday, April 18, 2015

From The Heart

It was another beautiful Southern California day.  I decided to pop open the cabinet and see what we had here at home. I found this Red Velvet coffee that was the perfect before-work treat.
My friend came up with a terrific idea for our wedding.  She had given us our wedding gifts and on top of that, created a honeymoon gift pack.  In the gift pack was cheese and crackers, some cookies, a bottle of champagne, and this coffee.  Although we ate just about everything else, we saved this coffee and finally got to enjoy it together.  All the food gifts had these tiny heart stickers with faces.  Those stickers were on our wedding cards as well.
The red velvet coffee wasn't the blood red/dark brown you would expect.  Just regular coffee brown but it did have the sweetness of the cake of its namesake.  Not having a coffee maker in the house means we French pressed it.  All the better.  This mug was also a gift from that same friend.
I use it on days that I feel could have something more fun going on but you have to deal with the schedule placed ahead of you.

1 comment:

  1. That coffee sounds so incredibly yummy and what a wonderful honeymoon gift. The mug is "you".
    I subscribed to your blog by email so I never have to go into my blogger account or FB to see this. :-)

    ReplyDelete