Monday, April 13, 2015

Crack: A McDonald's Story

Today I had just a little bit of time before work to grab my coffee.  I like the days where I can take my time picking out a place or a type of coffee without being in a rush.  Today wasn't one of those days so I ended up merging lunch with coffee.  Back to a quickie staple: McDonald's. 
McDonald's has some of the best coffee I've ever had.  The beauty of McDonald's coffee is that it is always consistent.  Between stores, at any hour, or any of the types of coffee, it always tastes the same.  They are doing something now that they did last year for a bit.  It is a "happy hour" where between 2-5pm Monday through Friday, you can buy a drink and get one free.  Of course, I went with the mocha frappe and the husband got the caramel frappe to match.  It went nicely with our Fillet-o-Fishes and fries. 
A few years ago, I became obsessed with McDonald's coffee.  During the holidays, they had released their version of a peppermint mocha.  I was drinking at least one a day and on some days, the little one's boyfriend at the time would bring us each one and I would have two.  That holiday, I put on a good portion of weight, thanks to that coffee.  It was so delicious and perfectly made every time so I just couldn't say no.  The following year, I was more careful about having them.  I think I cut back to two or three a week.  Lucky for my waistline, this last year, they didn't offer them.  I try not to get McDonald's coffee all the time but I really do enjoy it. 
The little one and I recently learned that for a bit of pocket change, you can add an extra shot of espresso to your drink.  She had to call to tell me that because she knew how important that kind of news is.  Oh yeah, McDonald's!
Oh no! Our whipped creamed deflated!

No comments:

Post a Comment