Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Brew For Two

Knowing I was going to spend two hours in the dentist chair today, I opted to wait until after my two root canals to have my coffee. My appointment was at 1pm so I got up and had some breakfast and headed over.  After my appointment, I headed home and let the Novocaine wear off while taking a short nap. A friend of mine was getting some dental work as well today so we decided to meet up after he was done and bond over coffee and teeth pain.  He suggested Lenny's Deli in Los Angeles.  Without traffic, the 20 minute drive over the hill was a breeze.
Upon entering the deli, you're greeted with endless display cases of pastries and deli meats and cheeses, all brightly lit and ready to be taken home.  Then past all those cases, you come to the restaurant.  A typical Denny's feel with a Jerry's deli menu.  As you are seated, you get the obligatory deli pickle plate and the waiter asks for your drink order.  The usual deli feel and simple menu make it easy to get lost in conversation.  We went with the regular coffee even though they had latte, cappuccino, espresso, and double espresso on the menu.  The coffee wasn't anything special but it was nice to catch up with my friend with a relaxing cup.  I'm glad I waited on the coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment