Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Coffee, Cats, and Art

Today I joined my friend for some (instant) vanilla caramel coffee, at around noon, at her house.  The coffee, as usual, was good but those cups have a great backstory.
They are from a piece called Mermaid Lagoon by local artist Liana Hee.  My friend has been following her for quite some time on different social networks and because she's local, she does signings from time to time.  She is teamed up with Disney and her art and Disney themed art can be found at The Wonderground Art Gallery in Downtown Disney, next to Disneyland.  My friend has collected many of her pieces, including the DoleWhip Girls and some personally commissioned pieces which I may upload at a later date.  In building her collection, she was able to pick up the Mermaid Lagoon piece in postcard form and had it signed for me.  To see Liana's work on those mugs, that are just one piece of what she offers, is awesome.  A local artist, teamed up with a big company but still able to express herself- amazing!
Also pictured is a cute new purse my friend recently ordered online, a milk purse.  So kawaii!
Lastly noted would be the cat in the photo.  This is Fry.  He is my friend's two year old cat with a personality but it's better described as his attitude.  He happens to enjoy coffee and tea so if it's up on the table and you walk away, he will drink it.  Sometimes when our mugs are empty, we let him cram his face into the bottom of the mugs and drink the last drops.  I have a feeling this will not be the last blog where we see Fry's presence.
Talking about more then coffee today

Mr. Attitude

You can see her heart shaped signature in the bottom corner

My friend asked her to sign it but she added the personal touch with this drawing

1 comment: