Saturday, April 11, 2015

Meet and Treat

The little sister was having a tough couple of days so we decided to meet up and do something neither of us have done before.  A friend of mine recommended a place to get a massage for a great price, so we headed to Island Foot Spa and each got our first ever massage.  It's just across the street from my house, walking distance, even, but who wants to walk after a massage.  It was nice and quite but we were definitely the new kids on the block.  She seemed to really enjoy it but I had a bit of tickles and a bit of pain.  I'm pretty sure my lower back is broken in 3 places but I'm all good in my arms.
After that, we decided on lunch and coffee at Pedaler's Fork in Calabasas.  It's a small restaurant with seasonal foods and organic options.  I love that they have a nice selection of teas to order as full pots.  My sister hadn't been there before but seemed to enjoy it.  I ordered a mocha with my brunch.  Yummy!  They have their own coffee shop onsite called 10 Speed Coffee and a bike shop.  It was great that I got to bring the little one to somewhere new and I think she will join me there again.

1 comment: