Saturday, April 25, 2015

Doggie Date

This was a special afternoon.  I was joined by two friends.  Well, my friend and her puppy, Lily.  We decided to find a new place for lunch and coffee.  The only prerequisite was that it be dog-friendly.  My friend had always wanted to try The Local Table in Dos Vientos, a hidden fancy area in Newbury Park.  We arrived for a late lunch so we had the place to ourselves.  More-so, the man welcomed Lily with open arms and seated us on the patio.  I asked about the coffee selections and he said they only had regular coffee but that there was a coffee shop a couple units down.  We ordered an amazing Italian lunch with a appetizer plate that included some of the best calamari that I've ever had.  Lightly fried with perfectly prepared rings, soft, not mushy or chewy. Prices were excellent for the portions we got.
We then headed over to BeanoVino.  The atmosphere was fun and relaxing.  The minute we walked in, the staff Oohed and Aahed over Lily.  They tried to guess her age and her breed and one lady said, "Come back soon so we can see how big you get!". Some guys came to the shop but had to stop to say hi to Lily before going inside.  We took our coffee on the patio out front. There was dog water bowls all over outside.  I ordered a cappuccino.  Delicious but I had to add my own chocolate powder.  My friend got a caramel macchiato and Lily got more coos.  Next time I will try the house blend coffee, Intelligentsia.  We read a bulletin that mentioned s'mores nights and I think we found the fire pit where that takes place. I will definitely be coming back to this coffee shop.  I loved it!

Hard to see but there was chalkboards with quotes and info written on them

This guy watches over you while you order






1 comment:

  1. Had a fun and wonderful day with you. Thanks for featuring Lily! I'm sure these places will both be glad we visited. Can't wait to go back with you!

    ReplyDelete