Sunday, July 26, 2015

Hard Work Rewarded With Coffee

The Boss and I volunteered to assist in the preparation of the new Disney Store in Thousand Oaks together.  We have done many store reopenings after remodels and even worked on a new style of store before it even was announced to the public.  Each time, at least for me, it's like a fun day out with one of my best mates.  We sweat a little, and make some money at the same time but it only feels like work when I get home from a long, labor-filled day and can't move my arms.
This store was no different.  I did the first couple of hours helping to bring in the 25 pallets of product while the Boss was working on opening all the individual items in the girls department.  I worked on opening product for a few departments and we eventually met at the endless process of opening the individually wrapped t-shirts.
Our shift there zoomed by and before we left, we saw the empty store we greeted in the morning was now full of product and on its way to becoming the newest member of the Disney Store family.
Since we were out west of where we usually hang, I had to think where should we grab coffee on the way home.  Oh yeah, I'll take the Boss to TIFA in Agoura Hills.  She had never been and was excited to see all the antique shops in the lot.  I got an iced latte and she got an iced mocha.  After the laborious day, the latte was refreshing but it didn't have a whole lot of flavor.
My favorite thing about TIFA is the fresh flowers at every table.  They also have chess boards but I don't really get a chance to play when I go.
The Boss picked up the craft beer and cocktails set of chocolate for her friends that she was seeing later that night.  She told me the next day that it was good and she could taste the alcohol in the chocolates.
It was a wonderful afternoon with the Boss and even though we worked our buns off, we had lots of fun.  Can't wait for the next rebuild!

No comments:

Post a Comment