Monday, July 27, 2015

Barclay's With The Little One

Wanted to grab coffee with the kiddo so I took her to Barclay's in Northridge.  She had never been.   The barista was a little chatty for us but nice.  I showed her how all the doors behind the register were full of tea and that I'll be checking that out the next time I go there.
She ordered a iced blended mocha and I got an lavender vanilla iced coffee and we sat outside to chat.  It was nice out but after half an hour it started to get hot. She enjoyed her coffee but it's her usual go-to coffee anyway.  I lifted the lid on mine and it had tiny lavender buds sprinkled on top.  Extra points for an appearance.
Once it got too hot for us outside, we saw that Big Lots was having a one day sale.  20% off on everything if you picked up the coupon they had at the entrance.  We saw a lot of great deals.  I ended up finding Nugget's litter in a two pack for $12.00 and used the coupon on that.  She now has litter to last her until she's a geriatric cat.
There is a $10.00 or less bookstore in the same lot but the kiddo wasn't feeling too well so we called it a day.  Not bad for a quick afternoon getaway.  Everyone needs those kind of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment