Sunday, July 26, 2015

Celebrating With The Birthday Girl

In a small gathering at my friend's house in Ventura County, we celebrated my friend's birthday.  She asked for a girls night together for wine, snacks, and of course cake.  Following cake, most of the guests headed home.  It was nearing midnight when I really wanted a cup of coffee.  My friend had vanilla nut coffee and offered me a few choices for mix-ins.  When she mentioned coconut creamer, I was intrigued.  After all, it was a Trader Joe's brand, and I can't say no to the Joe.
It was terrific.  Nutty but light, without an aftertaste.  If you remember I did a blog on the Disney designer princess mug collectibles, you can see that my friend let me use her collectible Snow White mug.  I'm pretty sure that contributed to the flavor enhancement somehow.
As the evening was coming to a close, it was just 3 ladies left.  We quietly chatted into the wee hours of the morning, enjoying each others company, especially since our schedules have limited our visits lately.  Summer birthdays seem to last longer, not just because the daylight hangs on, but staying out in the cool evenings is so nice.
Best wishes to our mate for another wonderful year.

1 comment:

  1. Coconut creme is my favorite Coffee Mate creamer! I didn't know TJ's had one too. I'll have to try theirs out.

    ReplyDelete