Monday, May 21, 2018

Welcome to The Crossroads

Coffee was at home today.  Well, in the home I’m visiting during my stay in Washington.  Not far from ‘home’ is a substantial indoor/outdoor mall known as The Crossroads, in Bellevue.  Dotted across the vast outer parking area, you will find commercial staples like Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Cost Plus World Market.  Right next to the King County Public Library is the Japanese equivalent to a 99 Cent store; Daiso, which I could drop a full paycheck at.  My friends and I had lunch inside the central hub of the international public market. With multiple restaurants to choose from, cuisine from all over the world is just steps away.  Vietnamese, Indian, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, even an old fashion 50’s American diner. More stores intertwine amongst the eateries including Uncle’s Games, who lets you borrow board games and play on tables alongside a giant chess board just outside the shop.
In the back corner of the market is another of my favorite places to get in my extra steps and try to keep a lock on my wallet; Half Price Books.  Packed with floor to ceiling discounted new books in every topic you can think of. Not just that, toys, board games, writing journals, vinyl records, CDs, vintage collectible antique books, sheet music, use video games, and comics are part of the huge collection at this location.  Half Priced Books is a small chain and I’ve yet to find any in California. Unfortunately, I brought a small suitcase for this trip so I didn’t pick up any new reads or fancy journals.
Attached to the bookstore was a Starbucks.  If you’re a regular follower of this blog, you would know that I walked right passed that dump and headed home for a good cup of Joe.  We brewed up a pot of Roasted in Seattle: Rainy Day Roast. A local coffee that I get every time I find myself in Washington. It’s a calm, smooth roast without any extra unnecessary flavors or bitterness.  If I can get local coffees or beers wherever I travel to, I will. Independent and local is almost always better than the big box businesses.




Oh, I wanted so many of these beautiful journals.

A rounder of clearance classics.

They had the Foo Fighters album I wanted but I was strong.  You're welcome coffee fund.

Huge, colorful Manga selection.

What?! I paid way more than that for the collection I got my step dad!


1 comment:

  1. But your step dad is worth way more so, yeah, your'e good.

    ReplyDelete