Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cute, But It's Been Done

My friend in Seattle and my friend in Texas are cousins.  It was like that before I knew them.  It's nice that they can be brought together and to California for a family member’s wedding.  They recently came out and we had coffee throughout their stay.  I went with one to IHOP for Swiss mocha's and to Blu Jam with the other for lattes.  My friend from Seattle flew in and out via the Burbank airport.  On her way out, we stopped at a Coffee Bean but when she arrived, we wanted to try a new place.  She found Olive and Thyme in Burbank.  
Right down the street from Bob’s Big Boy, which is a registered historical landmark, is this quaint cafe that reminded me of my visit to Wildflour in Agoura Hills.  Locally sourced food, wine, and beer with daily specials offered and decent prices make for a positive review.  The fresh flowers on every table and large windows bringing in lots of light, was welcoming and calm.  There was a huge bakery case with lots of desserts but we only stayed long enough for a quick bite and some lattes.  She had the vanilla and I had the mocha.  It was after the normal lunch hour and not terribly busy.  We sat by the window which had a nice view of the small theater across the street.   There is lots to do while in Burbank and the money they make from all the metered street parking helps maintain the nice roads and clean sidewalks.  
Overall, our mocha's were good but without flair.  I enjoyed the charm of the location and style of the restaurant.   The valet parking was a nice as well but with so many great offerings from the city of Burbank, I don’t see myself back there soon.  
In case you missed the blog about Wildflour, check out the link below.
http://followmycoffee.blogspot.com/2015/07/wildflour-cafe.html?m=1


Swiss mocha's with mom.

I ordered a hot tea with my latte.

I love the green tea ice blended at Coffee Bean.

A picture hanging inside of Olive and Thyme.  That's what the front of the building looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment