Saturday, January 16, 2016

I Made It Myself

As one of our many great Christmas gifts the husband and I received a Mr. Coffee bean grinder and coffee beans from our friends in Seattle.  This prompted us to go through buy a coffee maker, as we had been thinking of getting one for a while.  We needed a small one for our tiny kitchen.  All this time we had been using the French press to make coffee but if we had more than two guests over, we would have to make batches.  I picked out a nice 5 cup Black and Decker coffee maker with "Keep Warm" base.  It's perfect for our needs.
The coffee beans were from Mercury Coffee.  A local coffee company with seven locations in Redmond, Washington.  It is a favorite of my friends since she moved out there.  This was the 100% Organic Fair Trade house blend.  She ordered some for herself, me, and her cousin for our recent holiday visit.
We set up the grinder and the coffee maker.  I added the beans to the grinder and got them to a nice consistency, yet Nugget was not a fan of the new sounds.  In no time at all, the house filled with the wonderful smell of coffee.  Our favorite family (and Nugget's best baby friend), gave us a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf collection of teas and coffees in a giant mug with saucer.  I decided to use that for my inaugural cup.  It almost fit all 5 cups of coffee.
The end result was pretty good.  I know the coffee from having it before so I noticed that it was a little more watery than I remember so I assume it was because I didn't add enough beans to my water ratio.  It was my first time grinding my own so eventually I'll get it right.  Can't wait to do it again!





No comments:

Post a Comment