Monday, August 31, 2015

SORRY, Not Sorry

Every year for my mom's birthday, we do pretty much the same thing, but she loves it.  We get the three daughters together for board games, cake, and hang time.  Mom's board game of choice is SORRY.  Old school, but it's her favorite.  I'm almost always yellow.   This year was no different.
I drove through McDonald's to grab coffee for the Little One and I before heading to mom's house.  Our usual Frappe's on a hot July day.   We watched a little tv and then let the games begin.
With my older sister joining us, the four of us sat down at the table for a family fun game of SORRY.  This particular game was intense up until the last minute.  All four of us were neck and neck down to each having three guys in home and one in the safety zone.  In the end, I won.  I'm sure it was thanks to my super secret strategy.  I try to keep a man in the start for the entire game, if I can, so if a SORRY card is pulled, I can use it long after everyone else has all their characters out and almost home. I get a quick skip ahead and crush the competition.  Just after the first few rounds, everyone else has already pulled all their men out so the SORRY card is useless to them.  Wait, my mom reads my blog?!  My secret's out.
After a couple of games, it was cake time.  We got a store bought chocolate cake.  It was dense but not too heavy.  My sister brought Brownie Bites that we put chocolate frosting on top of.  When cake time was done, we were all thoroughly chocolate wasted.
Flowers given, presents opened, games played, and cake devoured, mom had a great day.  Can't wait to do it all again next year.
Little One always gets the large mocha without whipped cream.  Mine the small with.  Sugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment