Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Tiny Cute Things

The Little One recently adopted a little kitten to keep her cat company while she was at work.  The older cat, Princess Leia, had a traumatic experience that left her with a broken leg about a year ago.  It cause her to become overly attached to my sister and she would be in distress when my sister was out.  She ended up chewing blankets and while worried about digestive blockage, my sister took her to the vet.  The vet said a second cat would be the only way to help Leia's mental state.  The Little One had to wait for the best time to get another cat which was just a couple of months ago.
It was a free pet adoption day near my sister's work.  She browsed the cats and kitten, fat, thin, fluffy, uneventful.  Eventually they brought in the cutest, fluffiest kitten and my sister knew he was the one.  But for some reason, he wasn't part of the free adoption day deal.  He was worth every cent.  She brought him to my house and the new kitten, Han Solo, had fun playing with Nugget, before going home to meet the princess.  After about a week, Leia and Han became best friends.
The day after Han came for a visit, my sister invited me over to have coffee and play with the new baby.  When I arrived, there was a panic.  My sister, all wet, came out and said, "I'm sorry, Han has fleas and we're bathing him and putting the medicine one him!"  She was so worried that Nugget might have gotten fleas from him so she gave me medicine and told me what to do.  (Nuggy was flea free)
The tiny, usually super fluffy kitten, behaved the whole time but looked ridiculous.  We gave him a Mohawk followed by many kisses as we dried him off.  It was an exhausting feat.  My sister's boyfriend was so helpful with it all.
We sat down for coffee as Han dried.  Just as I'm halfway through my cup, my sister's boyfriend hands me something tiny and totally random.  He had a friend visit Japan and brought him back some souvenirs.  Green tea Kitkat (one of my faves so I was happy when he shared), some other candy, and this thing he handed me.  It was a tiny girl sitting oddly.  It is a cup decoration.  You clip the little girl to the side of your tea or coffee cup just for fun.  The paper it came with showed the other positions she comes in to accompany your drink.  Cute but so weird.  It didn't stay on my mug very well but it was a thicker mug then I'm sure the tiny girl was made for.
Han only needed one flea treatment and lots of love.
Welcome new friend.


Laser pointer chase.








Best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment