Thursday, October 15, 2015

Here Kitty Coffee!

Here is just a quick review of the Grumpy Cat coffee I recently enjoyed.  Or should I say, Grumppuccino.  Grumpy Cat is an cat made famous via the Internet.  The natural markings of a sweet cat give her the look of a cat who has a permanent loathe for life. The Little One had seen this iced coffee drink at Gelson's a few months back and asked if we could try it together.  She prefers cold coffee to hot and I can go either way.  So while she was resurfacing the laminate counters in our parents kitchen, we decided to take a break and try them out.  We invited our mom to join in too.  Overall, the two flavors were really good.  I liked the coffee flavor whereas my mom and sister liked the mocha flavor better.  It was refreshing and smooth.  No hint of bitterness and not overly sweet.  The downside?  Price.  Each bottle is well over the four dollar mark.  There is a third flavor, vanilla, but I don't believe it was available at the time my sister bought these.  Grumpy Cat, offers lots of fun merchandise featuring her sourpuss face, but this was our first blue-eyed celebrity kitty purchase.  There are other famous Internet cats, like Lil Bub, who while overcoming her disabilities, has managed to raise money for other animals in need, through merchandise like socks and books featuring her.  There's also Colonel Meow, who passed early last year but was made famous for his scary face.  He was 2014 Guinness record holder for longest hair on a cat.  And one of my favorite Internet cat stars, Maru. Maru lives in Japan and just loves getting himself into boxes.  He's adorable.  As for now, Grumpy Cat seems to be the only one I know with her own coffee line.

1 comment: