Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Free Sample Review

My older sister is signed up with Ralph's grocery store.  They email her coupons for new products or items that companies want people to try and it's all free.  She just goes in on the day they state and pick up the item.  No charge.  Over the years she has gotten some good stuff and some stuff she'd rather pass on.  If she gets something that she's allergic to or thinks someone else would like more then herself, she will pass it along.  So when she sent me a text asking if I preferred vanilla, cappuccino, or mocha, I knew a sample was coming my way.
The coupon was for Skinny Cow Creamy Iced Coffee.  Naturally, I chose the mocha latte flavor.  She picked it up and delivered it to me.  Skinny Cow makes a lot of great tasting, low calorie products.  The reason stands because they use regular ingredients but the portion size is majorly controlled.  So when my sister handed me this tiny 8 ounce bottle, I wasn't shocked, but my inner fat American felt a little sad.  To make things seem normal, I used an 8 ounce mug.  Not a very common sight in my vast mug collection.  (For years, this mug was used as just a pencil holder on my desk.  The Batz Maru character is my favorite from the Hello Kitty family, so I loved looking at it when I wrote letters.  It was a gift from my mate, who now sees it was only one of many mugs he would be getting for me over our long friendship.)
With my "full" cup of iced coffee, I sat down and relaxed for a bit.  It was delicious.  A rich, creamy flavor, so I didn't feel like I was drinking diet coffee.  I would definitely get it again and even try the other flavors.  They come single serve or in a four pack in 3 flavors.  I look forward to seeing what other free stuff my sister will share with me.  Trying new things is fun.

1 comment:

  1. Badtz Maru was the only Sanrio character I could ever get behind lol

    ReplyDelete